forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3252  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Apr 21, 2000  12:40 pm
Subject:  Changing the Number of Lines in SignWriter

At 10:04 PM -0600 4/20/00, Jerry Spillman wrote:

>I have noticed that the resultant pages seem pretty full. Is there a
>way to change that without going into signwriter itself and putting
>spaces in manually, such as causing the page to only contain half the
>volume of print it has now? I know in case of this particular .sgn file
>that it would make the .pdf 18 pages long vice 9, but I think the
>instant readability (as opposed to having to use the zoom feature and
>scrolling) would be improved.

SignWriting List
April 21, 2000

In regards to Line spacing...yes...I had sent instructions on
that....here they are again:

Printing Lines Per Page
The printing formats are setup with an automatic number of lines per
page. Once you have chosen a page format, it is usually not necessary
to change the number of lines. However, if you want to create a
special print-out that has fewer lines per page, you can do this.
1. Type Alt-S (Setup command).
2. Type P for Printing.
3. Type L for Lines.
4. This prompt will appear: Number of lines per page is _______. New number:
5. If you are happy with the number of lines, then press Escape.
6. If you wish to change the number of lines, then type in a new
number, and press Return.
7. You may have to experiment a little by printing it out, to see if
the result is what you want.

You have to change the settings in SignWriter before you create the PDF.