forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3738  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann
Date:  Mon Jul 3, 2000  2:15 pm
Subject:  Re: SignWriting Databases

Dear Valerie,

at school we need such a kind of SymbolDatabank so badly. It helps so much
in the beginning to get started!

There are drawn handshapes in your "Lessons in SignWriting" and in the
Parkhurstīs book as well - but I would appriciate so much to have a list of
all the different handshapes - including descriptions and photos in all
six positions (???) -- That would be wonderfull.
Donīt know if I can offer any support ?? Itīs a very timeconsuming job - At
least I would be happy to send my feedback !! ;-)

When I read the Rosenberg Thesis paper I was happy to find a list of
handshapes and SW - symbols -- but it is not comlete and I couldnīt get in
contact with the author months ago.

As you know - there are new pupils and new parents waiting (??????) to be
confronted with this "strange" writing system .. (ha)
If there would be additional materials like these - it would be a help for
Danny and Irina to instruct their colleagues ,-)))))

Who is going to become your eyebrows model ? I canīt wait for that !
(hihihihi)
He / she needs some time to get familiar with this difficult task. (;-)

All the best behind the scenes.

Stefan ;-)