forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5492  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Antonio Carlos da Rocha Costa
Date:  Wed Aug 15, 2001  11:29 pm
Subject:  Re: The SignWriting Journal, number 1, August 2001

Valerie,

> So...I am now trying to imagine how such a translation would be done...
> A person decides they would like to
> have the SignWriting Journal Web Site in Brazilian Sign Language
> (LIBRAS).
> They would...
> 1. Visit the SignWriting Journal Site:
> https://sw-journal.ucpel.tche.br
> 2. Taking one page on the site at a time, they would sign the
> Portuguese text in LIBRAS, which has a different grammar structure
> than Portuguese.
> 3. They would then type the LIBRAS document in SignWriter 4.4,
> or...in any Brazilian computer program you use ;-)
> 4. If they type in SignWriter, then the file would be an SGN
> file...like: SWJ.sgn.

Or, better yet, to have one .sgn file for each translated webpage.

> Could they then send you the SGN file?

Yes, no problem!

> Or do you want them to export
> the files for you, creating GIFs or JPEGs?

As they feel more confortable. Some people prefer to format the signs
themselves (to color them, for instance, or to choose a preferred size).

> The hard part is the translation itself

Sure!

All the best,

Antônio Carlos

  Message 5492  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index