forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6035  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat Dec 15, 2001  4:38 pm
Subject:  Changing your SignWriting List settings...

Cris from Brazil wrote:
>Hi, Valerie ! How are you ? At this time of the year we're often
>busy, isn't it ?
>So...I'm receiving digest mail from SW list and even in the yahoo
>groups I have not achieve to change this option to normail mail.
>Could you help me ?

SignWriting List
December 15, 2001

Hello Cris and Everyone!
Nice to hear from you. Yes, it is busy and I have also been forced to
get some rest too...I am sure others are glad to have a rest from all
those messages on the SignWriting List!

And I hope all of you in Brazil are well and happy!?

I am happy to help with your question. First, you cannot change
anything in Yahoo. Technically the SW List is not a Yahoo List...we
are what is called a "Remote List" in Yahoo, meaning that we are only
using their Archive service, but we are managed by ListServe, which
has nothing to do with Yahoo.

So to change your SW List settings, you need to send your request to
the ListServe address, which is:

So...below is a list of Commands you can send to the ListServe
address, to change the way you receive mail. Try doing it yourself.
If that doesn't work I will be more than happy to do it for you. Keep
this list of commands in a safe place for future reference.

To change from Digest to normal mail, see number 3 in the list below:

--------------------

TO CHANGE YOUR SIGNWRITING LIST SETTINGS:

Send to this email address:

One of the following commands....
(type the command in the body of your message, with no subject in the header)

1. To subscribe to SW-L:
SUB SW-L firstname lastname

2. To receive the DIGEST form of the list:
SET SW-L DIGEST

3. To change from Digest back to regular mail:
SET SW-L MAIL

4. To change to NOMAIL, so you do not receive any messages in your email box:
SET SW-L NOMAIL

5. To change from NOMAIL back to regular mail:
SET SW-L MAIL

6. To receive acknowledgement of delivery of your messages:
SET SW-L ACK

7. To see a copy of your own postings:
SET SW-L REPRO

8. To get a list of more commands:
INFO REFCARD

9. To SIGNOFF the list:
SIGNOFF SW-L

10. To get a listing of SignWriting List members in alphabetical order:
REVIEW SW-L by NAME

If you need help, write to me!

Valerie Sutton

  Message 6035  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index