forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6195  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Jan 16, 2002  4:30 pm
Subject:  Re: Questions for a Notation Comparisons Study

SignWriting List
January 16, 2002

Susanne - Of course, this is only my opinion, but I think the theory
on "writing economy" which you mention, may be slightly flawed....(I
believe you have already stated this in your messages...namely that
maybe the theory didn't realize the success the SignWriting Literacy
Project (and the SignWriter Newspaper years ago), would have.)

You know the phrase, "When there is a will, there is a way", meaning
that if a person really wants to do something, they will do it!?

By designing SignWriting Printing for reading, we have succeeded in
achieving the "potential" for true literacy for Deaf people and
signers around the world. Once they are reading, then they want to
write soooo much, that they find a way to achieve it, with or without
their teachers!!