forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6225  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Jan 22, 2002  5:08 pm
Subject:  Re: JAPAN: Questions SW text editors

SignWriting List
January 22, 2002

....regarding four approaches to developing software for SignWriting...

3. SW graphics programs

TEGNBANK (Danish program from the 1990's for the Macintosh, using a mouse)
SIGNED (Brazilian program - I believe this is a SW graphics editor)
SIGNTALK (Brazilian program)
SIGNSYM (Brazilian program)
SIGNMAKER (Stuart Thiessen in Iowa)

....and I know there are more...

These programs do not type SignWriting as text. The SW symbols are
graphics symbols that are manipulated with a mouse.

I hope I have not made a mistake with some of the programs listed
above...feel free to correct me, everyone, is some of those programs
are not graphics programs!

And...I hope that someone from Brazil could tell us about their
programs? Are there any available for the general public to use yet?

The moment a program is available, I will start using it myself daily
and will announce it to the world!! We could offer it on our
SignWritingSite if you wish...

And Stuart...congratulations on your new project. SignMaker sounds wonderful...

6226 Re: JAPAN: Questions SW text editors Valerie Sutton Tue  1/22/2002
6227 JAPAN: Flavio...What we need? Valerie Sutton Tue  1/22/2002

  Message 6225  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index