forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6472  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stuart Thiessen
Date:  Thu Mar 7, 2002  10:09 pm
Subject:  Starting to add SW to lessons

I am starting (however slowly) to add SignWriting to my Small Group lessons at church.  You can look at it for yourself.  I welcome feedback on how I'm writing it.  If you have ideas for how I can improve it, I'd appreciate it.  I even appreciate suggestions on improving how I express the concepts in ASL for those of you who use ASL.

I plan to keep using SW in different ways where it may be helpful.

Here is the first lesson where I used SW: https://www.firstfederated.org/publications/deaf/2dFruitOfTheSpirit-Joy.pdf. I will have more in this week's lesson, but I haven't gotten ready for posting.  The point of what I am doing is not to teach SW, but to show how it can be used in everyday life.  In this case, I am encouraging my small group to memorize Galatians 5:22-23.  Some want to do it in English and others want to do it in ASL.  So this was my attempt to give them something in ASL.  Also, one of the Greek terms has a direct obvious ASL equivalent so I put that sign there.

Thanks,

Stuart

Stuart Thiessen
Des Moines, IA
  Message 6472  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index