forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1031  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Feb 11, 1999  7:40 pm
Subject:  Re: Children Learning SignWriting

>I don't know of any
>research on comprehension offhand, but I would say the question really is
>not, "do they comprehend before they talk" but "how EARLY do they start
>comprehending before they talk?"
>
>--Don Grushkin
____________________

Yes..that is my exact question, Don, and then add one more question...

"Does the comprehension of spoken language in hearing children, start at
the same age as the comprehension of signed language in deaf children?"

Valerie ':-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Valerie Sutton at the DAC
Deaf Action Committee for SW

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Replies Author Date
1035 Re: Children Learning SignWriting Joe Martin Fri  2/12/1999

  Message 1031  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index