forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1075  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Feb 19, 1999  2:41 pm
Subject:  Re: Typing SW in a Japanese Program

>Mark,
>
>Wouldn't others need a Japanese computer as well? I seem to remember that
>they
> would at least need a Japanese Windows operating system.
>
>Bill Reese

____________________________

I don't know, Bill, but that is a good point. I am on a Mac and awhile back
I purchased the Japanese version of the Mac operating system, and then I
never got time to install it and experiment with it. I was able to purchase
it in the USA, which I think is pretty neat. The reason I purchased it was
for this very point - that maybe existing software can give us an
"increased number of characters", other than the standard 255 slots
generally used in western computers.

However, if the operating system is a requirement, to use Japanese
Microsoft Word, then that will be quite a hassle for people outside of
Japan - so I am glad you mentioned this. But it will be very useful for
people inside Japan :-)

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1075  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index