forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1092  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Karlin, Ben"
Date:  Tue Feb 23, 1999  3:46 pm
Subject:  Re: terms

This is ANOTHER tangential point but last fall I learned that in French Sign
Language (LSF) the sign for FRENCH as a nationality and FRENCH as a language
are different!

I also find it interesting that despite the push in ASL to adopt country
namesigns native to the country, we continue to use the sign ENGLAND instead
of their sign.

Ben Karlin, St Louis MO