forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1148  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Apr 15, 1999  3:22 pm
Subject:  New Posting: "SW and ASL" Article

April 15, 1999

Dear SW List -
Please see a new article just posted on our web site:

"SignWriting and American Sign Language"
https://www.SignWriting.org/sw203.html

It is a paper that was written for a course in ASL Linguistics at Delaware
Technical and Community College, in December, 1997, by Bill Collins.

I think you will find that Bill did a good job. He based most of his
material on information found on our web site, and in our information
packet....however....towards the end of the article, he includes email
discussions with people who were both "for and against" reading and writing
signs. The discussions were taken from such public forums as "the Deaf
List" (DEAF-L). Several people felt that videotape was better than writing
signs, for example.

Hope you enjoy the article!!

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1148  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index