forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1155  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Apr 21, 1999  2:05 pm
Subject:  Re: Facial Expressions & Bible Translations

>This is the first time I have ever tried sending an attached file so
>please let me know if it was successful.
>
>Pastor Ronald H. Dettloff
>The Deaf Church
>20880 Ten Mile Road
>St. Clair Shores, MI. 48080
________________________________

April 21, 1999

Thanks Ron, for your attached file. Congratulations! You sent your first
attached file successfully :-)

I opened it with the SignWriter Computer Program with no problem...and I
bet some others could too. For those reading Ron's file, Ron placed the
SignWriting translation down in vertical columns with ColumnMaker, a small
add-on that comes with SignWriter. So read his document vertically.

So now, I will be happy to post some of it on the web and then announce it
to the SignWriting List. We can then discuss the writing, including facial
expressions. Here is what I suggested back on April 2nd:

>The best way for all of us to share this information is if I post one
>sentence of Ron's translation on the web. Once it is posted, I can inform
>everyone on the SignWriting List that it is posted, and ask your opinions
>as to where you feel there needs to be written facial expressions in that
>sentence. The SignWriting List could participate in making the decisions.
>
>Then, I will re-type and re-post the same sentence on the web, but now
>including the new facial expressions. And then we can continue to the next
>sentence and so forth...that way we can all work and learn together.

....So I will work on several different web postings now, and this will be
one of them!

PS. Technically, we are not supposed to attach files to the SignWriting
List because some subscribers cannot accept attached files. If anyone else
would like to share attached files, I welcome them! You can send them to me
privately, or you can join another List, which I call the "SW ShareFiles
List". So write if you are interested in this other List - At the moment,
only a few people are signed up...

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1155  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index