forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1168  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat Apr 24, 1999  3:22 am
Subject:  A Wonderful Gift :-)

April 23, 1999

Hi Everyone -
Just thought I would share a nice story with all of you....

Yesterday I received a wonderful gift in the mail from a member of the
SignWriting List.

I received a big envelope, and I wondered...What is this?!

There was a beautiful book with colorful illustrations, entitled:

"Frosty the Snowman"
"Writing ASL SignWriting"
by Lourdes Tollette

What a wonderful surprise!!

The entire story is typed in ASL in SignWriting. Each page is illustrated
with professional looking drawings. It is bound in a duotang folder and
includes the cutest English translation. Lourdes did a professional job,
and could easily be a publisher!

It is very touching to receive this gift. I will treasure it, Lourdes.
Thank you!!

And of course someday we must post it on the web (grin)....

Valerie :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Replies Author Date
1170 Re: A Wonderful Gift :-) Caroline Readman Sat  4/24/1999

  Message 1168  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index