forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1182  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Apr 28, 1999  4:19 pm
Subject:  SW List ASL Project

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, Pastor Dettloff wrote:
> But that is my problem. I have already copied down the lessons on ASL. I
>need deeper instructions on which facial expressions to use. Perhaps you
>can guide me.
>
>Ronald Dettloff, Pastor
>The Deaf Church
>20880 Ten Mile Road
>St. Clair Shores, Michigan 48080

April 28, 1999

Dear Ron and SW List Members -
I have now posted one short passage of Ron's bible translation on the web:

Luke 22:29 in American signs
https://www.SignWriting.org/writ010.html

Here is my challenge to members of the SignWriting List:

1. Visit the web page.

2. Read the SignWriting down in columns. You will see that I posted the
typing exactly as Ron sent it to me. Most signs have an English word under
them, but some do not. I did not reduce the SignWriting or "make it pretty"
because this is a first draft.

3. What facial expressions are needed?

4. What grammar needs to be corrected to make "good ASL"?

5. Write to the SignWriting List, and post your suggestions.

We all can discuss it. Then later, Ron can retype the document, and I will
re-post the improved version.

Look forward to your input!!

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1182  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index