forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1313  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed May 19, 1999  6:20 pm
Subject:  Re: Researching...

Leslie Wallace wrote:
>1.What are the pro's and con's of sign writing?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May 19, 1999

Hello Leslie -
Thanks for your questions. I read everyone's responses and enjoyed reading
them! In regards to your first question...the pros and cons have been
discussed for 25 years now. But in the long run, what matters is that we
keep working and contributing. Time will tell what works and doesn't work.

I would suggest that you read the following articles by Deaf people who
were all against SignWriting in the beginning, because new ideas are hard
to accept, and then later, after learning SW, they changed their minds.
Then they were faced with the dilemma of convincing their Deaf friends and
co-workers, and this took great courage on their part:

Deaf Opinions on SignWriting Directory
http://www.SignWriting.org/home.html#anchor171873

1. Kathleen Say
http://www.SignWriting.org/deaf001.html

2. Lucinda Batch
http://www.SignWriting.org/deaf002.html

3. Bonita Ewan
http://www.SignWriting.org/deaf003.html

4. Denny Voreck
http://www.SignWriting.org/deaf004.html

5. Abdul Aziz Al-Obaid
http://www.SignWriting.org/deaf005.html

6. Kevin Clark
http://www.SignWriting.org/deaf011.html

7. Hans Abildgaard
http://www.SignWriting.org/deaf012.html

8. Eva Abildgaard
http://www.SignWriting.org/deaf013.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

http://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1313  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index