forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1457  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Jun 11, 1999  9:49 pm
Subject:  Symbol Information for Programmers

June 11, 1999

Dear SW List:
For those of you who are programmers developing software to type
SignWriting, you may be interested in three pages I just posted on our web
site:

Sign-Symbol-Sequence
https://www.SignWriting.org/sss001.html

Typing SignWriting Symbols
https://www.SignWriting.org/soft007.html
https://www.SignWriting.org/soft008.html

These pages show that one hand symbol in SignWriting actually has 48
positions that are stored in the SignWriter Computer Program. I enter all
48 positions with a special symbol editor designed just for SignWriter, and
then the programming makes it possible for the user to "tap" on different
keys to access those 48 positions.

It sounds difficult but actually the symbols are very easy to access by
using the five Special Command Keys we have at the bottom right of the
keyboard.

So I just wanted to share this with programmers. I want very much to make
the symbols easily accessible for programmers in the future. It is a lot of
work to get it prepared, but well worth it, of course.

I hope to post more of the Sign-Symbol-Sequence throughout the summer -

Best -

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1457  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index