forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1484  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Jun 17, 1999  3:38 pm
Subject:  Re: ASL Video Transcriptions

I just re-read this message and congratulations on teaching SignWriting to
so many people at once, Ron!

And I can also see (below), that you are hoping to build a team of Bible
translators - so this fits exactly with what we have been discussing today.
Great project :-)

Valerie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999 Ron Dettloff wrote:
>The class:
> Was a Christian Elementary School. K-6 (300-400 students)
>I had printed and made copies for all the children of their devotions for
>the morning. (Galatians 6:9) I wrote the verses in SW with English
>captions underneath. After passing out copies I explained a few SW rules
>regarding the 6 possible positions of the hand. SW is very easy to learn
>to read. The wonderful thing is that the children remembered all day what
>was taught because I saw some of the children in the hearing church near
>our Deaf church and they were excited to show me what they had
>remembered.
> I am hoping the principal will ask me more about. I have ulterior
>motives of building a team of Bible translators. I know it is a big
>dream, but I don't live in the past, but in the possibilities.
>
>Pastor Ronald H. Dettloff
>The Deaf Church
>20880 Ten Mile Road
>St. Clair Shores, MI. 48080

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1484  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index