forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1500  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Jun 21, 1999  5:34 pm
Subject:  Key Mapping of SW Symbols

>Ideas:
>to have a printout of all the keys, and for all the layers for each key

>Pastor Ronald H. Dettloff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Ron - In regards to diagrams explaining where symbols are located,
hidden under different keys....

In the manual SignWriter-At-A-Glance, the Sign Keyboard is diagramed fairly
well on pages 69-114.

For example, some of the diagrams are:

Typing Hand Symbols.......page 70
Typing Hands, Group 1.....page 71
Typing Hands, Group 2.....page 72
Typing Hands, Group 3.....page 73
Typing Hands, Group 4.....page 74
Typing Hands, Group 5.....page 75
Typing Hands, Group 5.....page 76
Typing Hands, Group 5.....page 77

and so forth....

This might help a little.

However, in SignWriter 4.3, we ran out of room for some symbols, so I "hid"
some of the symbols in funny places temporarily. If you know the
keystrokes, you can type the symbols, but it is true that they are hard to
find. In the new version, SignWriter 5.0, this problem has been solved :-)

Soooo, when you are using SW 4.3, if you cannot find a certain "hidden
variation" please ask me about that specific symbol, and I will be happy to
help - I can give you the exact key strokes :-)

Best -

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1500  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index