forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1536  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Angus Grieve-Smith
Date:  Mon Jun 28, 1999  4:57 pm
Subject:  Re: Typing Left-Handed SignWriting

On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, Valerie Sutton wrote:

> However, I think you can start a single web page for your
> congregation. You can use one of the excellent web design editing
> programs on the market, such as FrontPage for Windows, or PageMill for
> the Macintosh. Create your first web page - making it very simple.

This is getting a little off the SignWriting topic, but just a
word about these programs. It's usually easier to learn HTML youself than
to learn these programs, and they make awful HTML.

I was taught HTML in about half an hour by a friend back in 1994,
and I've been making good web pages ever since. I recently taught it to
one of my colleagues in the Linguistics department here in about the same
time, and now she's on her way. She already knew her way around email and
word processing, but she's not a computer expert.

It's great that PageMill works for you, Valerie. I'd just like
Ron to be aware of his options.

--
-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department

  Replies Author Date
1537 Web Design :-) Valerie Sutton Mon  6/28/1999

  Message 1536  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index