forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1537  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Jun 28, 1999  9:08 pm
Subject:  Web Design :-)

> It's great that PageMill works for you, Valerie. I'd just like
>Ron to be aware of his options.
-Angus B. Grieve-Smith

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks, Angus. Of course you are correct - there are many ways to design
web pages, and I think it is great that you design web sites directly in
html. And I have heard this from other programmers too...that they prefer
html.

I suspect that the web design programs are used mostly by graphics artists.
I was a graphics artist before the personal computer was available.
PageMill is very similar to PageMaker or QuarkExpress - it is like doing
book design in a visual fashion - except it ends up on the web. In my case,
I think visually, and the design is what matters to me, not the hidden html
language underneath.

And then, of course, I also forgot to mention the names of possibly 20
other web design programs on the market too. PageMill is only one of many,
although it is the standard on the Mac now.

So yes...Ron...you can learn html language too!

And Angus - if you have a web site about your work, you are most welcome to
share it with us...

Thanks for the information :-)

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1537  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index