forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1559  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Trevor Jenkins
Date:  Sat Jul 3, 1999  5:10 pm
Subject:  Re: SignWriting & Unicode

Valerie Sutton wrote:

> TrueType will make it possible to type fingerspelling in SW symbols in
> Microsoft Word - and possibly even in email messages, if everyone has a
> copy of the same fonts installed in their systems on their computers.

Sorry I'm one of those die-hards who doesn't use Windows (well I do at work
because they pay to :-) I prefer to use a Mac or a Linux machine---in
rising order of that preference. However, I usually only have a console
session running rather than X so the use of other fonts won't help me with
SignWriting enriched messages. But when SignWriting 5 is released and
Unicode is extended with the approrpirate glyphs I could be persuaded to
change the habits of a lifetime.

Whilst mine is a personal preference there will be many people who can't
(won't) be able to use TrueType fonts when reading email. This situation
will continue well into the next Millennium. So don't count on everyone
being able to use it for a long time.

Regards, Trevor

--

<>< Re: deemed!

  Replies Author Date
1560 SignWriting TrueType Fonts Valerie Sutton Sun  7/4/1999
1561 SignWriting on the Macintosh Valerie Sutton Sun  7/4/1999
1563 Re: SignWriting & Unicode Greg Noel Sun  7/4/1999
1565 Re: SignWriting & Unicode Valerie Sutton Sun  7/4/1999

  Message 1559  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index