forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1579  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Jul 9, 1999  5:03 pm

>Please send more details. What is your email address and your full name
>so that I can remove it?
>
>Pastor Ronald H. Dettloff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 9, 1999

Thank you, Ron, for offering to help...that was very sweet of you. I have
already taken care of this.

Occasionally people post a message to the List, requesting to be removed
from the List, but that is because they are not aware that they should
write to me privately to make the request. It happens on all Lists from
time to time, and I can certainly understand that it is hard to know how to
go about it, if you are new to the way Lists work.

All of you can remove yourselves from the List from your own computers, but
only the two List owners - Paul Cowley and myself - can remove someone else
from the List. That is the way the LISTSERVE software is setup on Paul
Cowley's end.

So if there is anyone who wants to be removed from the List, but doesn't
know how to do it, just write to me privately and I can take care of it for
you :-)

Meanwhile...I just had a wonderful houseful of ten guests last night! It is
summer time in San Diego. I am fortunate to have so many wonderful friends.
My guests were Danish - and I enjoyed speaking Danish again. So now I am
cleaning the house and doing dishes! I am sure you all know what I am
talking about...

Then on Tuesday, my family from Florida with be visiting for a month - and
then late in August, the USA school year begins...which means I will be
printing and packaging books to be donated to the schools for the deaf. We
have a new school in New York state, joining the SignWriting Literacy
Project in the Fall, plus I will be printing the advanced materials for
several of the schools already participating. There may also be a school
for the Deaf in Toulouse, France, that will be translating our textbooks
into French Sign Language starting in the Fall too.

And I am trying to edit one page a day of the Brazilian Sign Language
Dictionary written in SignWriting - I am sending them a page a day through
email....and I am almost done preparing the document for the Unicode people
in Ireland. I hope to mail the 300 page document on Monday, listing the
symbols in SignWriting, so they can begin the large task of developing a
Unicode system for SignWriting.

So that is my mini-report! Half the SW List is on vacation right now...so
it will start becoming busy again in around a month or so!

Many blessings -

Valerie :-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1579  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index