forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1595  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Jul 30, 1999  2:58 pm
Subject:  Re: Acronyms for Signed Languages

>>country3 = Austria
>>Austrian Sign Language = AGS (based on the German for "Austrian Sign
>>Language = Gebaerden Sprache means Sign Language)
>...should be ÖGS (O-Umlaut), as the country is Österreich, not Austria...
>
>best,
>Susanne

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh - how silly of me! Of course, you are right that Austrian Sign Language
would have to start with the O-Umlaut! Thanks for this information, Susanne.

Someone just wrote to me and suggested that we refer to a listing on the
web - apparently there is an agreed list of names for sign languages that
can be found on the sign linguistics archives? Does anyone know that web
address?

Valerie :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting Web Site
https://www.SignWriting.org

Post messages to the SignWriting List

SignWriting List Archives
https://www.egroups.com/group/sw-l

The DAC
Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
PO. Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1595  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index