forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1603  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat Jul 31, 1999  1:54 pm
Subject:  Re: Acronyms for Signed Languages

>Val,
>
>Just wondering, There is Spanish sign language (Country 14 = Spain-Madrid)
>are same sign in Puerto Rico? I don't know much sign in Puerto Rico.
>
>Lourdes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 31, 1999

Thanks everyone, for your great messages about acronyms!

In regards to your question above, Lourdes, I suspect that Puerto Rican
Sign Language is quite different than Spanish Sign Language used in Madrid.

In the country of Spain alone, there are more than one signed language - I
believe there is a different signed language in the Barcelona area, versus
the Madrid area, for example...

So I have little knowledge of Puerto Rican Sign Language...does anyone on
the List?

Valerie :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting Web Site
https://www.SignWriting.org

Post messages to the SignWriting List

SignWriting List Archives
https://www.egroups.com/group/sw-l

The DAC
Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
PO. Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Replies Author Date
1611 Re: Acronyms for Signed Languages Ulrike Zeshan Mon  8/2/1999

  Message 1603  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index