forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1627  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Aug 3, 1999  5:42 pm
Subject:  Accidental Deletes from SW-L

August 3, 1999

Hello Everyone....

As you know, the SW List is run by software called LISTSERVE.

I am not an expert on LISTSERVE myself. Thank goodness Paul Cowley runs all
that for us!

Occasionally, by accident, an email address can get deleted from the
SignWriting List. That happens because there was a "computer glitch" at the
moment one of the messages from the List was sent to your email address.
And because of that momentary glitch, the message was bounced back to the
LISTSERVE, and the LISTSERVE automatically deleted the "bad email address".
Then suddenly you find yourself not receiving messages, and you wonder what
is going on.

I asked Paul about this, and this was his more detailed response:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If LISTSERV deletes an address as a result of the auto delete feature,
(this keeps the owner from having to deal with bounced messages because
of invalid addresses or a subscriber's mail box being full, or a
subscriber having reached their mail storage quota and a host of other
LISTSERV.

If someone is being deleted automatically, the only reason is there is a
problem with their email address."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So if this happens to you, you can just "re-subscribe" yourself, by sending
the subscribe command to the LISTSERVE address, or you can write to me to
tell me and I can help you.

I certainly don't want anyone to feel frustrated - I know how that feels!!

And I enjoy sharing with all of you on the SignWriting List - you are like
family to me.

So be sure to keep in touch, and write anytime :-)

Valerie :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valerie Sutton

SignWriting Web Site
https://www.SignWriting.org

Post messages to the SignWriting List

SignWriting List Archives
https://www.egroups.com/group/sw-l

The DAC
Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
PO. Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 1627  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index