forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1777  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Sep 2, 1999  1:50 am
Subject:  Re: SW courses on the internet

Joe Martin wrote:
>Private tutoring would likely be prohibitively expensive, but I for one
>would be willing to pay for much less than that. I'd love to be given
>some example sentences illustrating important points, translate them
>myself into SW, and than be given a correct transcription to compare mine
>against. No more than that. It could be done over e-mail, with the SW
>portion in .sgn files; pretty easy to do if people want it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

September 1, 1999

Hi Joe and Everyone -
I have been in meetings all day with programmers. Our programmer has now
installed the international user-interface for SignWriter 5.0 on my
computer here in our office. Now I have the job of writing the different
languages in SignWriting, and designing the icons. Then I will install them
in the Menus. Then I can test the new Menus, by opening SignWriter 5.0. to
see if I like the way the Menus look. If not, I can go back and change
them, until they look their best.

Our programmer is still working on making it possible for me to add Menus
in Chinese...so we are not done with the user interface yet. This has been
much more work than I expected, but on the other hand, it is looking good,
and well worth it in the long run :-)

In regards to the SignWriting courses on the internet, Joe, I am glad to
see that you might be interested later.

At this moment there is so much to do, that my head is spinning...but
perhaps later this Fall, I can try to design a small SW internet course,
and see if anyone signs up for it. At that time I will inform the List, and
you never know - there may be interest!

Valerie ;-)

  Message 1777  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index