forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1799  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
Date:  Sat Sep 4, 1999  7:43 pm
Subject:  Re: Sign Writing program

Dear Valerie,
Thank you very much, I realized after I wrote that letter that there should be no problem in the dos mode. I have just downloaded it and tried it out. Ijust typed my first sign: Hello. Yeah!!! I think once I get the hang of it I will like it. It seems really interesting.

One of my goals is to really learn the language and be able to sign and communicate with the deaf community. When I was younger I wanted to be an intrepretator for the deaf. My dream was to go to Galluaudet and study.

I will let you know how it goes, and I am glad that you have the email list too, that way I can keep up to speed on the program. I think I will also keep going to the web site and learning through the online course too. Just to get myself aqauinted with it.

sincerely
Deborah

-----Original Message-----
To: SW-L@ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA <SW-L@ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA>
Date: Saturday, September 04, 1999 12:40 PM
Subject: Re: Sign Writing program

Deborah wrote:

I would also like to know if you can tell me, can the program be run on windows?? I have Win98 on my computer, would it be compatable with it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Deborah - Our current version of SignWriter, version 4.3 is in MS-DOS only. We are working on a new version for the Macintosh and Windows, called SignWriter 5.0, but it is not ready yet.

There is no problem running SignWriter 4.3 from a Windows98 computer! I use SignWriter 4.3 from a Windows98 computer myself.

I also use it on a Macintosh, with SoftPC...so MS-DOS runs on most computers.

Exit to MS-DOS from Windows98.

Have you downloaded the shareware and tried it yet?

Valerie ;-)

............................................................................... .................................................

Valerie Sutton..............................................SignWritingSite............ ......................
mailto:Sutton@SignWriting.org ................. https://www.SignWriting.org ...........

Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting...Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization...Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA
  Message 1799  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index