forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1961  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
Date:  Sun Oct 17, 1999  11:09 pm
Subject: 

Hello !

I am new to the sign writing list.   Its very interesting reading all the different messages.
I had read some info about sign writing about 18 years ago when I had been new to interpreting.  I thought it was very interesting but most people in my area wernt too keen on the idea.  So I put my old sign writing workbook on the shelf.  
Recently I saw info on the net about sign writng and forwarded the info to my friend Julie in Peru.  She came back to California for a visit and got the computer program and other "stuff",  so now I have become interested in sign writing again.  Two years ago my husband and  I went to Peru and met many Deaf people and visited the Lima area.  We are planning on going again in 2000.  Cant wait  !!! 

I have been involved with Deaf persons and Sign language since I was a teenager, then after graduating from high school went to college for interpreter training--and havent stopped since.  I am nationally certified and  work as a freelance-private practice (whatever term you want to use) interpreter.  I mostly work in medical--mental health settings, some Deaf/Blind and some Oral translating too.  For about 18 years I have also done religious interpreting in our congregation.
I am married to a real nice guy named Mike.  I have 3 neat step sons too.  Got married and had kids the same day  !!!   One cranky cat and a sweet little beagle dog.  We live in a small town in New Hampshire. 

Well--guess that is enough for now !
SMILE !
Caroline Davis Hines

Replies Author Date
1966 (no subject) Ronald Dettloff Mon  10/18/1999
1980 SW in Peru Valerie Sutton Wed  10/20/1999
1984 (no subject) Ronald Dettloff Thu  10/21/1999
2126 (no subject) Valerie Sutton Wed  10/27/1999
2316 (no subject) Lourdes Tollette Sun  11/14/1999
2317 Sign for basketball Valerie Sutton Sun  11/14/1999
2428 (no subject) Lourdes Tollette Mon  12/6/1999
2447 (no subject) Lourdes Tollette Wed  12/8/1999