forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2010  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Oct 22, 1999  10:58 pm
Subject:  Re: Changes in the SW List!

> This is fine, but no one will do it. As a trained translator, I
>know what an effort it is to translate even a small document; imagine what
>it would be for someone who isn't a trained translator. It is simply not
>worth people's time to translate every email message, and those of us who
>could understand other languages are going to continue to miss out on
>these people's contributions.
>
> Of course, you're welcome to prove me wrong...
>
>--
> Angus B. Grieve-Smith

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Angus -
You may be right, if a person really wants to do a perfect
translation....but many times I write email in Danish, and I know I make
mistakes...but it doesn't matter, just as long as we understand each other.

So, English is our SW List's "first language", but people are welcome to
write in another second language if they want to - at the end.

Best wishes - Valerie

Davs Angus!
Det er meget muligt at du har ret, hvis man virkelig vil skrive et perfect
oversaettelse...men mange gange skriver jeg email paa dansk, og jeg ved
godt jeg laver fejl...men det betyder ikke noget, hvis man kan forstaar
hinanden.

Saa, engelsk er vores SW Lists "foerste sprog", men folk er velkommen til
at skrive paa et andet sprog hvis de vil...til sidst.

Venlig hilsen - Valerie :-))))

Val ;-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWritingSite...Lessons Online
https://www.SignWriting.org

SignBankSite...Databases Online
https://www.SignBank.org

Deaf Action Committee For SignWriting
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 2010  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index