forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2132  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Bill Reese
Date:  Wed Oct 27, 1999  3:31 pm
Subject:  Re: Changes in the SW List!

I copied Stefan and Susanne's German text, pasted in Altavista's online
translator and got a patchy translation, but it was enough to understand what
was being said. There are a couple of online translators that you can use to
do that. There's even a Morse code site for those so interested. We can't do
Chinese or Japanese characters that way (although there is a way for those
interested), or Russian or Arabic (although there is a way), but with languages
using Roman characters it's as easy as cut and paste.

Here are the language translators I use:
https://babelfish.altavista.digital.com/cgi-bin/translate?
https://www.tranexp.com:2000/InterTran?

Morse code:
https://info1.scouting.nl/morse/

An English-Russian translator (notice that you really can't cut and paste the
Russian)
https://www.translate.ru/eng/

Bill Reese