forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2131  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Oct 27, 1999  2:46 pm
Subject:  Re: Re 2 English Glosses / German DGS version...

October 27, 1999

Hello SignWriting List!

You did a great job, Stefan! Congrats on learning to type SignWriting so
quickly :-)

I have attached one of the signs from your sentence. The attached file is
named gebaerden.gif. I believe it is the DGS sign for "sign"?

It is similar to the sign for "sign" used in Denmark.....that is why I am
guessing that. Anyway, there is a Rub Symbol between the two Circle
Movement Symbols....that would mean that the two hands are rubbing each
other as the circles are made.

If that is what you would like to write, then the hands need to be written
closer together to picture the look of the contacting hands.

As you all know, Rub in SignWriting does NOT move off the surface. Brush
contacts and moves off the surface, but Rub contacts and never stops
contacting...rubbing means "continuous contact while moving".

I was wondering if you could tell us what your sentence means in English?
Of course I think most of us have guessed, and I think it is perfect that
you put the German gloss there - and please continue to place the German
gloss there - that is very important - but it would be fun for some to know
what you were saying in English anyway :-)

If you give us both the English and German glosses, then with your
permission, I could place the individual signs in our database
online....just a thought...

Type: image/gif
Size: 1k


Val ;-)

Valerie Sutton

SignWritingSite...Lessons Online

Deaf Action Committee For SignWriting
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA
  Message 2131  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index