forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2257  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Bill Reese
Date:  Wed Nov 10, 1999  1:48 pm
Subject:  Re: SW in the future

Let me put it in perspective: YES! It's going to far!

Think of it ... we couldn't have preferential treatment -- so all documents
would need to have all spoken, visual and tactile languages (let's not forget
braille). "Turn to page 143 for the beginning of the Signwriting portion of
the menu." Ack. Better yet to either learn English (don't flame me!) or have
a personal translating device.

But interesting question -- where *exactly* do we expect SignWriting to be
used? Realistically. I'm still waiting for my Hoover Car, which was promised
to be the "Car of the future" quite some time ago. I should be zipping around
like George Jetson.

"In school" is obviously the first answer as that's happening now.

Valerie, care to add your visions on this? :-)

Bill Reese

Wayne in Maine wrote:

> Bill -
> Well, I'm not deaf in this lifetime, but I found SW anyway. Hopefully
> by then it'll be all over the place: airports, libraries, restaurant menus,
> ... Am I going too far?
> - Wayne
>
> >Bill Reese wrote:
>
> >You might not be deaf in your next life Wayne! :-)
> >
> >Wayne in Maine wrote:
>
> > > Heck with 10 years! I'm anxious to come back in my next life and see
> >what SW looks like in 100 years!

  Replies Author Date
2258 Re: SW in the future Valerie Sutton Wed  11/10/1999
2259 Re: SW in the future Valerie Sutton Wed  11/10/1999

  Message 2257  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index