forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2276  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Nov 12, 1999  1:15 am
Subject:  Re: New SW Article in Silent News!!

>The credit goes to you Valerie. Hope this helps with the grant you are
>trying to get.
>
>Susan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks, Susan...I have no idea if it will help with Qualcomm, but it might
help with other grants I am writing now....so in the long run all publicity
helps - that is for sure!

The Qualcomm grant was turned in yesterday before I found the article
waiting for me in the post office...The wonderful letters of support really
made the proposal look so much stronger. Everyone's letters are very
valuable, and the more the better. I am continually writing small grant
requests now.

This article in Silent News could not have been written without the
contributions of Cecilia Flood and her students in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
I called Cecilia last night and we talked about the article. I told Cecilia
what an important role she is playing...her research is the first of its
kind in the United States. In other words, we have had studies in other
countries, such as Nicaragua and Denmark - but none in the USA until now.
So it is nice to know that my own countrymen are testing it now.

And Cecilia and I also discussed that the reason it could happen now, was
partly because I started to donate materials. Strange, when the USA
actually is a rich country...but the red tape, paper work and lack of
funding for experimental projects puts teachers who want to try something
new in a very hard position. So donating has helped the project happen
faster, and I am glad I am doing that for the schools.

And I want to thank Cecilia for her hard work - there has been a great deal
of stress related to the project for several reasons, and the interview for
Silent News was just added on top of everything else...but it certainly is
wonderful...and I have some other good news about the NAD that will help
the project further, from a video perspective, in the year 2000....

  Message 2276  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index