forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2300  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat Nov 13, 1999  3:21 pm
Subject:  Re: A question...

Kathy Akehurst wrote:
>We have, in our small, but sturdy, group, a variety of personalities and
>they all approached SW differently. The children saw it as drawing (and
>colouring), and something that helped us learn the initial materials was
>just sitting around and dissecting it. I learned that some people prefer to
>go from the 'whole to the part' in reading SW and others prefer to go from
>the part to the whole. I took this as an indication of their learning
>styles and tried to work with that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

November 13, 1999

Hello Kathy and SW List Members!

It is a sunny morning in San Diego, and I am enjoying my morning cup of
coffee and reading your wonderful messages. Thank you, Kathy, for the
terrific report and it is, as always, totally fascinating. I haven't
dissected everything you said yet, myself -ha! But the above paragraph I
feel, shows what a natural teacher you are...the fact that you let every
student learn the way that was best for them...rather than forcing anyone
to learn one way - that is the way it should be...and thank you for giving
SignWriting that chance too....it is the best way to get true feedback on
whether SignWriting has value or not.

I like the story about one of your little students writing hair on every
head!! Sounds fun....I bet someday you might see some mustaches too.....:-)

Val ;-)

  Message 2300  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index