forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2325  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Nov 16, 1999  3:29 pm
Subject:  Re: A question...

> I must say, though, that this is one of the reasons I look forward to the
>release of SW 5.0. It will really facilitate turning out written work
>(although please don't take THAT as pressure to get it finished either! We
>all know you are doing (more than) you can...) and will help with the
>reading.

>Kathy Akehurst
>Private Tutor,
>Ontario, Canada

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

November 16, 1999

Thanks for the great message, Kathy....You are a terrific teacher, giving
us so much good information...I am really grateful for it.

And of course I know that you do not mean to pressure me - after all, the
only person who can really pressure me, is ME!

I know that you know this already Kathy...so please ignore....but for those
who are new on the SignWriting List....in regards to SignWriter 5.0....the
reason that it is slow and we are all waiting anxiously for it (me
included) is that there is a great deal involved with its development....

And when we finally have SignWriter 5.0, it will not be "problem-free"
immediately..I can just see people being real excited, not realizing that
all new programs have to be "de-bugged"...in other words, new programs are
never perfect...even from Microsoft!

So what does that mean? That means that right now, let me help you feel
more comfortable using what we have...SignWriter 4.3...there are ways for
me to help and I will write to you privately about this, Kathy.....I bet if
I were sitting in your living room that we could get SignWriter 4.3 to work
for you....

OR.... ask your students to write by hand...it doesn't necessarily have to
be typed...

One of these days I will give you a call and we can talk about it further!

Meanwhile, many thanks for your invaluable help, Kathy - you are really
contributing to SignWriting's development...

And say "hello" to your students for me....Maybe they can write me a
message in SignWriting?

Val ;-)

  Message 2325  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index