forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2318  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Akehurst
Date:  Mon Nov 15, 1999  1:48 pm
Subject:  Re: A question...

I know that you need more reading materials in ASL, but I am sure you can
see my personal situation...flooded with requests from all over the world
and I cannot do everything...I walk around my office saying to myself: "I
wish I could get something done!"

Absolutely, Valerie, and I'm sorry if my note sounded as if we were waiting
for more materials FROM YOU! We are not. You've started the ball (now I
should insert a .gif file here) rolling and we should pick it up and run. I
must say, though, that this is one of the reasons I look forward to the
release of SW 5.0. It will really facilitate turning out written work
(although please don't take THAT as pressure to get it finished either! We
all know you are doing (more than) you can...) and will help with the
reading.

Funny, I was thinking, in this - age of technology - how many of us even
write our own language by hand?? I don't. It's rare that I write anything
any more, everything is typed. So, I believe, for my students, that the
reading will spill over into writing on their own. Or at least that's my
story, and I'm sticking to it ;)

And, yes, if we come up with a magnum opus we will share it with the list.

Have a good day and remember, there are only 24 hours in most of them,
Valerie :)

all the best,

Kathy Akehurst
Private Tutor,
Ontario, Canada

  Replies Author Date
2325 Re: A question... Valerie Sutton Tue  11/16/1999

  Message 2318  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index