forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2336  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Nov 17, 1999  4:17 am
Subject:  Re: learning to e-mail

>Call me old old fashioned, romantic, sentimental, dense -- but when I call
>for technical support, I get: "push 1 for english, 2 for spanish", "push
>pound for purchase, star for support", "push 1 for computer" "2 for
>software" "3 for printer", "push 1 for regular business hours" "2 for
>nights" "3 for weekends", "push 1 for liberal", "2 for conservative", "push
>3 if married" "4 if single", "push 1 if prochoice", "push 2 if prolife", and
>then I get to listen to some commercials followed by "push 8 to buy" "push 9
>to continue".

James Kegl

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James -
What a comical message! I laughed and laughed when I read it - it is just
the way it feels when you get those tape recordings...

I am curious....how does it feel when a Deaf person has to get technical
support? If hearing people are put on hold, and made to listen to these
awful tape recordings, what happens when you are Deaf? I am assuming you
must feel terrible frustration! Does the Relay service wait while you are
put on hold?

I have often thought about this...I wonder if more and more Deaf people use
the web for tech support?

Val ;-)

  Message 2336  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index