forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2348  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Nov 17, 1999  10:03 pm
Subject:  Re: Spoken Language Translation Programs

>Ok, this isn't working. At least not for me. For some reason, spaces get
>into the URL and then it doesn't work. If you try this and it happens to
>you, just delete the spaces and try again.
>
>Bill Reese

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Bill and Everyone!
Thanks for this great information, Bill. For some reason I had trouble with
the addresses that you gave us...... However, when I typed this address:

https://www.freetranslation.com/

I did get their homepage and I am so impressed with this. Are you one of
the developer's of this translation system, Bill?

This really relates to our previous topic of "SW In The Future" too...

Developing a translation program between spoken and signed languages, and
between different signed languages...written in SignWriting...would be a
wonderful future development.

Work on that kind of a computer program could start now. Because
SignWriting is so strong on facial expressions and writing sentences etc, a
mini-translation program with simple sentences could start now....

Which means in a decade we might have a truly useful translation program,
like the one the Brazilian woman was using in spoken languages!

Val ;-)
  Message 2348  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index