forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2413  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Dec 5, 1999  6:21 pm
Subject:  Re: Tis the Season

December 5, 1999

Hello Everyone on the SW List!

Nice to be in touch again.

Thank you very much, Cecelia, for the lovely message pasted below.

Yes....the next millennium should be an interesting one, in regards to
SignWriting. I hope that, in time, the general public becomes aware that
some signed languages are becoming "written languages"...that is a "new
image" for ASL and other well-known signed languages...It will take time
for the idea to take root....

Meanwhile, I too want to wish everyone a very happy holiday. Because of Y2K
at Humber College, we will receive sporadic messages throughout the month,
so if you post a message, and it does not arrive to the List, as has
happened with several of us now, don't worry about it. Just send it again a
few days later and by the law of averages, it should in time reach the List!

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Val ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>Hello everyone;
>
> I just wanted to pass on my wished to all for a wonderful season, whether
>you celebrate Hanukah, Kwanzaa, Christmas, or the Equinox... I really enjoy
>following the conversations on this site and hearing about all the great
>successes sign writing is having.
>
> As we enter into the new millennium, I am sure we will see many more,
>positive changes.
>
> Sincerely;
> Cecelia Smith
> Sign Language Interpreter and student

  Message 2413  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index