forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2427  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Dec 6, 1999  2:41 pm
Subject:  Typing Curved F and Curved W

> using curved fingers for letters like 'f', w',
> etc. instead of straight fingers as in ASL. There were several other
>signs that I could not figure out
> how to write, so I basically drew them on paper, but I need to be
>able to enter them into the computer eventually.

Hope Hurlbut, Malaysia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

November 30, 1999

Hello Hope and Everyone on the SW List!

Attached is a .GIF file with four handshapes. Reading from left to right...

1. "F" handshape in ASL
2. "F" hand with curved fingers
3. "W" handshape in ASL (one variation of it)
4. "W" hand with curved fingers

You can type all of these symbols with SignWriter 4.3 right now.

Both "F" handshapes are located on the "X" key, on the SignWriter keyboard.

Both "W" handshapes are located on the "K" key, on the SignWriter keyboard.

Thanks for your question....

You can also read this answer and diagram on the web:

SignWriting E-Lessons: Question 0002
How do I write curved F & curved W?
https://www.SignWriting.org/less000.html

Attachment
less002.gif
Type: image/gif

  Message 2427  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index