|SignWriting List Forum|
Valerie Sutton |
Date: Mon Dec 13, 1999 2:29 am
Subject: SignWriter 4.3...Pasting one file inside another
Ingvild Roald wrote:
>3. Use the "Get" command (ALT-G) to put those twenty signs into the
>the new file, and save it.
Thanks, Ingvild, for your excellent description of how to make a file
shorter in SignWriter 4.3.
We can also do the opposite...make a file larger by pasting one whole file,
or portions of a file, inside another one. In both cases, as Ingvild
already mentioned, we use the "Get Command". Instructions on how to use the
Get Command are located in your third manual in the SignWriter notebook,
"SignWriter-at-a-Glance", page 15.
Here are the instructions:
Get Command (Alt-G)
The Get command is used to copy and insert signs from one file into another
To insert an entire file (File A) into another file (File B):
1. Open the file you wish to enlarge (File B).
2. Place the cursor exactly where you wish the sign or signs to be inserted.
3. Type Alt-G (Get Command).
4. Get text from what file?
5. Type the name of the file (File A) and press Return.
6. The entire file (File A) is now inserted into File B
To insert a portion of a file (a portion of File A) into another file (File B):
1. Open the file from which you wish to copy signs (File A).
2. Select the sign or group of signs you wish to copy.
3. Leaving the big Select brackets around the signs, leave File A. Be sure
to save the changes.
4. Open the file you wish to enlarge (File B).
5. Place the cursor exactly where you wish the sign or signs to be inserted.
6. Type Alt-G (Get Command).
7. Get text from what file?
8. Type the name of the file (File A) and press Return.
9. The sign or signs are now inserted into File B.
The above instructions are related to documents inter-blending. You can
also Merge dictionaries, which is done differently, in the Dictionary
Manager program that comes with SignWriter 4.3.
Any more questions about using the software? Write any time with questions,
or search the SignWriting List Archives for older messages that might
provide you with answers...
SignWriting List Archive
The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA