forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2466  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Dec 13, 1999  4:10 am
Subject:  SignWriter 4.3...Moving an Entire Sign

QUESTION:
Is it possible to move a whole sign with all its pieces to the left or to
the right if I have to notice that I do need more space especially at the
left side ? Sometimes I´m working for a long time to "draw! ;-) a new sign -
Stefan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANSWER:
Yes. You can move an entire sign as a unit in any direction, plus you can
also "center a sign".

There are two places to find this information in the SignWriter Computer
Program Notebook:

1. In the third manual, "SignWriter-At-A-Glance" on p. 20.
2. In the fourth manual, "the SignWriter Reference Manual" on p. 28

Here are the instructions....

MOVING AN ENTIRE SIGN AS A UNIT

When you are typing a sign, sometimes you'll need to move all the symbols
in the sign by a certain amount: either to make room for typing a new
symbol, or to center the completed sign.

To move entire signs, use the following commands:

Ctrl-Home - centers the sign
Ctrl-left arrow - moves sign to the left
Ctrl-right arrow - moves sign to the right
Ctrl-up arrow - moves sign up
Ctrl-down arrow - moves sign down

Hope this helps!

2474 Re: SignWriter 4.3...Moving an Entire Sign Stefan Woehrmann Mon  12/13/1999

  Message 2466  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index