forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2528  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Dec 24, 1999  12:28 am
Subject:  Drumming Fingers

James Shepard-Kegl wrote:
"You start with a right "A" hand, parallel to floor, palm up. Now, pretend
you are clutching a small lump of melting snow. Relax your pinky just a
bit, that tighten it up again. Now, do the same with your ring finger,
followed by your middle finger, then your index and start over with your
pinky. So your hand is starting to open but immediately closes up again,
and the whole thing is a rythmic alternating motion (like a wave frequency)
from left to right (from pinky to index). For "money" or "dog" (Group 3,
fingers snapping) we use a double rub with a double quick dynamic marker,
but "nuts" is a wholly different shape and motion. Suggestions??
James"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

December 23, 1999

Hello James and Everyone of the SignWriting List:

I started working on a new lesson on the web:

Advanced Finger Movements
Writing Sequential Finger Movement
https://www.SignWriting.org/fing007.html

But unfortunately I am not finished. And well, as we all know, tomorrow is
Christmas Eve!

So please see the attached file, which may help you James..or go ahead and
read the lesson on the web, and I will be filling in the diagrams later ;-)

Hope this helps..

drumfingers.gif
Type: image/gif

  Message 2528  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index