forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2607  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Jan 25, 2000  7:31 pm
Subject:  Re: SignWriting in Switzerland

>Yes, the SignWriting Project is absolutely continuing. The book has been
>translated, and a group of deaf signers are working on what Swiss German
>signs need to be substituted for the ASL ones. We are still planning to
>include SW notation of the entries in our lexical databank for Swiss German
>Sign Language.
>Penny
>Gebaerdensprach-Datenbank
>Email:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 25

Hello SW List
and Penny...

Nice to hear from you Penny...and thank you for this report from Switzerland...

Wow...that is so exciting about the translation of the Lessons In
SignWriting textbook into German...thanks for all your hard work on
that...I know it will be useful to many people...and I can imagine it
must be a big job to find the signs from Swiss-German Sign Language
for the book....

I want to thank you and your co-workers also, for the German
translation of the screen commands in the SignWriter Computer
Program...that has been very useful and as you know it is being used
in Germany now...

Stefan just told me that he will be traveling to Switzerland in
February to work with you all - I am glad to know you are giving each
other support - it is not easy being the first to use SignWriting in
Germany and Switzerland!

I will ask Kathy Akehurst to write to you regarding the family with
the deaf child in Switzerland....

And thanks again for sharing with us...are you using the SignWriter
Computer Program's dictionary feature for your databank? Just curious
;-))

Say hi to beautiful Switzerland for me! Many years ago, I taught
DanceWriting in both Basel and Zurich....

Val ;-)

Valerie Sutton at the DAC
Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 2607  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index