forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2608  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Jan 25, 2000  7:44 pm
Subject:  Questions About SignWriter

From: "Ronald Dettloff"
To: SignWriting List
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 16:08:47 EST

Valerie,
i have encountered some problems with 4.3 and I was hoping that 5.0
would solve them:
1. now cntrl-arrow can move the whole sign. I propose that we will
also be able to twist the whole sign up to 360 degrees.
2. To be able to cut and paste parts of old signs into new signs and
make a totally different sign.
3. How do you show clearly when one sign completely blocks out
another sign? For example: a "b" on top of another "b" on the floor
plane. Thanks, Ron

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello SW List, and Ron -

Thanks for these questions about typing in SignWriter. The first two
questions are good suggestions for SignWriter 5.0...I agree. We still
have a long way to go, before we get to the stage where we can build
in new features. Right now, we are just trying to design the old java
code to work with the new multi-lingual user interface...such is life
with new programs. But I have noted your requests, Ron, and they will
not be forgotten.

Regarding your third question...I would suggest using Surface
Symbols. I will write again with information on those symbols....

Thanks for writing ;-)

Val ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Valerie Sutton at the DAC
Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Replies Author Date
2623 Re: Questions About SignWriter Ronald Dettloff Thu  1/27/2000
2629 Surface Symbols Valerie Sutton Thu  1/27/2000
2632 Re: Surface Symbols Mark Penner Fri  1/28/2000
2660 Re: Surface Symbols Valerie Sutton Tue  2/1/2000

  Message 2608  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index