forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2621  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Jan 27, 2000  3:17 pm
Subject:  Re: Tips on How To Edit SignWriting

SignWriting List
January 27, 2000

Attached is a file with the same sign written three different ways. I
have no idea what the signs means, and that does not matter. I am
looking for how the movement is written....

Number 1 is the way it was written in the original document. I had
trouble reading it....

Number 2 and 3 are my two suggestions for writing the same sign.

In Number 1, the movement symbol is not "relating to the beginning
and ending positions". When reading number 1, the reader is not sure
where the movement starts and where it finishes.

But in 2 and 3, the beginning position is placed near the STEM of the
arrow - the first position is placed at the beginning of the
movement, and the second position at the end of the movement....or
the second position can be assumed since the movement symbol is
pretty clear....

less024.gif
Type: image/gif

2622 Re: Tips on How To Edit SignWriting Valerie Sutton Thu  1/27/2000
2624 Re: Tips on How To Edit SignWriting Valerie Sutton Thu  1/27/2000

  Message 2621  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index