forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2636  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Jan 28, 2000  8:20 pm
Subject:  Funding SignWriter 5.0

>Valerie,
>How much money do you need to complete the 5.0 project?
>
>Pastor Ron and Judy Dettloff
------------------------------------

SignWriting List
January 28, 2000

Hello everyone -
And thanks Ron for this question. I know your SignBible project is in
need of the new SignWriter 5.0, since the new computer program will
fit better with today's technology. All of us need it....

I just completed an excellent meeting with our part-time java
programmer, Richard Johnston, and he mentioned that we need one or
two programmers full-time for a year to complete SignWriter 5.0. And
he would be interested in working full-time if we had the funding. So
perhaps you can guess how much that would be? I would need to offer
him stability for one year at least.

If you go to the SignWriting Sponsor's Forum on the web:

SignWriting Sponsor's Forum
https://www.SignWriting.org/help000.html

You will find a complete project description. It explains why we need funding.

Or go directly to this web page:

Funding Needs for SignWriter 5.0
https://www.SignWriting.org/help011.html

to read about the SignWriter 5.0 project.

We have completed Phase One of the project, and we are now working on
Phase Two. I can supply those interested with the exact budgets and
the amount needed, in a private email message.

But no matter what, our programmer loves working on SignWriter 5.0. I
showed him some pictures of the Deaf children typing with SignWriter
4.3 in Albuquerque, New Mexico...they are typing signs and proudly
showing their print-outs. And he became emotional and said this
inspires him to work late on the weekends -

We are fortunate to have such wonderful people willing to put up with
low wages and still work on such a hard project.

And I know that we live in a confusing world where so much software
is free, and it is hard to imagine this job...We are not working with
a new program - we are fitting the old world of MS-DOS files into the
new world of the web and java and the two worlds are very very
different - so Rich Johnston's expertise is a requirement...

If Ron, you know of foundations or individuals that might be
interested in funding SignWriter 5.0, I will be happy to supply them
with complete proposals. We are an established nonprofit with
tax-exempt status, and I can send the proposal out immediately -

Thanks for thinking of us -

Val ;-)

Valerie Sutton at the DAC
Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 2636  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index