forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2669  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Joe Martin
Date:  Wed Feb 2, 2000  8:06 am
Subject:  Re: Shorthand

I think James mentioned that in Bluefields he only knew one family that
had a flush toilet (?) It has always seemed to me that a writing system
that requires an investment in expensive high tech equipment is hardly
worth the name. I know, I know, if it wasn't for the Web, .....Hey, I'm
biased, yes.--- but the point is that the reliance on technology
(computers) makes the system less accessible for the very people who stand
to benefit from it most.
(Not to mention I don't write my grocery lists on a computer.) I for one
have always wanted to see more interest shown in the handwritten stuff;
writing it the way it looks an the monitor is not practical.
Joe Martin, Plain Old Ordinary Student
Top Left Corner USA

  Replies Author Date
2690 Re: Shorthand Valerie Sutton Thu  2/3/2000

  Message 2669  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index