forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2711  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Feb 6, 2000  4:16 am
Subject:  Re: Shorthand

>Dear Valerie,
>I admire the gracious way you handle those who misunderstand or oppose
>what you are trying to do. Your actions are the proof that the power of a
>good idea can never be killed. SignWriting will succeed because it
>is a good idea.

>Pastor Ron and Judy Dettloff

February 5, 2000

Thank you, Ron, for this gracious and expressive message ;-)

The opposition is understandable because we are doing something very
new, and all new ideas take time to be accepted.

And I feel fortunate to have met you and everyone else on the
List...the internet has brought us together..The internet has had a
very positive influence on the use of SignWriting.

Years ago, before we were on the internet, we had daily frustrations.
It was harder to reach people, and harder to respond to their
questions...I knew people were saying negative and inaccurate things
about SignWriting but I could not easily combat the turmoil....

Now at least, we have the web, so if someone really wants to learn
accurate information they can read about it in the privacy of their
own home - what could be better?!

I must tell you...the other day a friend on the east coast of the US
visited your web site, the SignBible Site, with the Bible verses
written in SignWriting, and they were totally impressed and called me
on the phone to tell me!!

They asked how many Deaf people read SignWriting in your congregation?

So I told them I would ask you....

Val ;-)

  Message 2711  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index