forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2869  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Feb 21, 2000  6:20 pm
Subject:  Re: Amendment to email address

SignWriting List
February 21, 2000

Hello Ingrid and everyone on the SignWriting List!

Thanks sooo much, Ingrid, for your outstanding message...I truly look
forward to answering all your wonderful questions!

For all of our List members, there is a technical item I would like
to explain...the internet can really be confusing sometimes!

This is Ingrid's email address, as you all know by now...

But this is correct too:

When the term "mailto:" is added to the beginning of any email
address, it makes it possible for other people to double-click and
send a message to you faster than without the "mailto".

Perhaps you all have noticed that some new email software is now
making it possible to get that "underlined" email address, WITHOUT
showing the term "mailto"...that is something new that has just been
appearing lately.

So the world of technology keeps changing..anyway...either way the
address is correct..with or without the "mailto" in the beginning ;-)